Frequently Asked Questions
The Cor-Ten marine grade shipping containers we use are made to withstand life on the seas and their primary function is ensuring the safe and secure passage of new goods being imported from abroad, new cars, classic cars, high value items, the list goes on. When we buy something new in store we expect it to be in mint condition and we at Country Green make certain your property is given the same treatment which is why we put our trust in these units and why you can put your trust in us.
Our containers cannot be moved unless by specially designed haulage equipment and with their ultra thick steel, lock boxes and our exceptional site security they are almost impossible to break into.
Here is an article from BBC Watchdog on a well known indoor storage company highlighting the pitfalls that many other similar indoor unit companies face. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/48mQWD0TvWWjJZyrrlPDSr1/just-how-secure-is-shurgard)
The Country Green site:
- Offset from and invisible from the road
- A brook running around the road side of the site
- Tall, thick hedging and fencing
- 24hr CCTV recording in operation in numerous areas around the site not just the gates
- Gated premises only accessible to customers and the Country Green staff
- Pass code recognition
- Owner lives just 100yrds away and has full access to all CCTV cameras at all times
- Padlock (subject to a deposit returned to you at the end of your tenancy)
- Internally Grafothermed
- Weekly checks of your property if desired
- 24hr security protection
- Lit yard
Your standard house insurance will not usually cover your stay in storage so you will need to check with your insurance provider or insure your goods seperately. Country Green can help as we offer an insurance package. Although we very strongly advise our customers to ensure their goods are insured, insurance is optional but ‘if it’s worth storing, it’s worth insuring’.
We certainly are. We believe the level of professionalism and service should be second to none which is why we are a member of the SSA meaning we have to conform to industry standards guaranteeing you peace of mind.
No. No one will be able to access your container apart from you unless you specify otherwise or if you would like us to inspect your goods at any time. We will keep a key with us to ensure there’s always a spare in case of emergency. However, we do reserve the right to inspect any container if we believe something is being stored which is on our ‘no-fly’ list (below) or if we suspect any illegal activity.
- Food or perishable goods unless securely packed so that they are protected from and do not attract vermin (Not applicable to refrigerated storage however other guidelines do apply)
- Counterfeit alcohol, bulk or wholesale alcohol (over 36 bottles or 10 packs), alcohol without UK tax or duty.
- Birds, fish, animals or any other living creatures
- Combustible or flammable materials or liquids such as gas, paint, petrol, oil or cleaning solvents
- Illegal firearms & weapons
- Fireworks, explosives & ammunition
- Chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents or similar
- Toxic waste, asbestos, polluted or contaminated items, commercial waste, any materials of a potentially dangerous nature, compressed gases
- Items which emits any fumes or odour
- Illegal substances, illegal items, or goods illegally obtained
- Cash & securities
If you are storing white goods such as fridges and freezers they must be completely defrosted beforehand as they may damage your other goods when they start to defrost inside the container. Also any fuel must be drained from cares, lawn movers and any other equipment.
We’ve created gallery for you to share with your friends